Sponsorships and Charitable Contributions
Each year, Methodist Hospital and Methodist Hospital Union County plan
a specific budget of dollars for sponsorships and charitable donations.
To best manage the requests received and to allow for a timely response
to address requests in a fair and equitable manner, a deadline-driven
application process is used. Requests are reviewed on a bi-monthly basis
by the hospital’s Administrative Council. Every effort will be made
to identify opportunities with the greatest perceived impact on quality of life.
Sponsorship and charitable contribution considerations are specific to
the counties served by Methodist Hospital and Methodist Hospital Union
County. These Kentucky counties include Hopkins, Henderson, Union and
Webster. Funds requested must meet the following criteria:
- Align with Methodist Hospital’s mission, vision, values and strategic
- Improve access to health care.
- Promote prevention and wellness and/or improve community health.
Requests are reviewed six times per year according to pre-set application
deadlines. Organizations will be notified of their award status within
two weeks following the application deadline. Processing of the contributions
may take up to six weeks. Applicants missing the application deadline
will not be considered for the current giving cycle. Requests made by
organizations between application deadlines will be held until the next
Application Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, August 2, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, October 4, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, December 6, 2019
Guidelines and Limitations
Sponsorship and charitable contribution funding adheres to the following
guidelines and limitations:
- In order to be considered, all requests must be received via the online
sponsorship form, by the monthly sponsorship deadlines above.
- Awarded organizations must submit a follow-up within 90 days of project
completion, to outline the degree to which awarded funds impacted the
community or health of the community.
- Funding is only considered for tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations.
- Sponsorship and charitable contribution funding will be limited to one
time per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) for each recipient organization.
Sponsorship funding is not available for:
- Programs or projects outside the communities served by the organization.
Exceptions will be made if Hospital employees/volunteers are actively
engaged in health care programs from neighboring communities
- Programs or projects already completed
- Administrative or operational costs
- Family foundations
- Organizations acting as an intermediary source for another nonprofit
- Individual fundraising
- Individual elementary, middle and high school academic or extracurricular
activities and clubs and sports teams. If funding is available, requests
from school administration will be considered for the appropriate school-wide
programs or events.
- Yearbook ads
- Community-based sports team ads
- Membership fees or association fees
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denomination, or religious organizations for support of theological functions
How to Request Funds
Sponsorship requests will be only be accepted through the online sponsorship
request form. Requests will be reviewed according to the set application
deadlines. Organizations will be notified of their award status two weeks
following the application deadline. Processing of the contributions may
take up to six weeks. Applicants missing the application deadline will
not be considered for the current giving cycle. Requests made by organizations
between application deadlines will be held until the next giving cycle.
Online Sponsorship Request Form
If you would like Methodist Hospital or Methodist Hospital Union County
to consider a request for a sponsorship, a charitable donation or support
for a community event, please review our sponsorship criteria and then
submit your request using